Prepared by The Institute of Health Risk Managers, an independent training provider specialising in the healthcare industry.
The Medical Schemes Act 131 of 1998 is very specific about what and when schemes may apply waiting periods and late joiner penalties. This programme will provide an understanding of what the waiting periods and late joiner penalties are, and when they may be applied.
• Role of underwriting
• Difference between insurance and medical scheme underwriting
• Importance of full disclosure on the application form
• Consequences of material non-disclosure
• Waiting periods - Application of:
- General waiting period
- Condition specific waiting period
• Medical Reports
• Practical examples of waiting periods
• Definition and calculation of late joiner penalty
- Total CPD points on successful completion: 1.5
- 60% pass rate with 3 attempts
- Approval number: FPI20030125
If you are a Team of 10+ users, contact us for GROUP PACKAGES email@example.com
FOUND A SOLUTION TO FILE ALL YOUR CPD CERTIFICATES?
UPLOAD ALL YOUR CPD CERTIFICATES FROM YOUR PHONE OR PC TO A CENTRAL REGISTER, WHICH THEN AGGREGATES ALL YOUR CERTIFICATES INTO ONE NEAT, EASILY ACCESSIBLE DOCUMENT.
CHECK OUT CPD SCORECARD HERE TO FIND OUT MORE.